Friday, December 31, 2010

The many great things that happen on 2010

Whenever you are focused on showing your personal "project" to the world the "Ups and Downs" are always more extreme than usual. Sometimes you feel like things could not be better and the next day you feel like quitting. After sometime you just realize that that's just part of the natural flow of things when your heart is set on an ambitious goal. Anyway, looking back at 2010 I can only be great full for all the great things that happen...I don't mean to "blow my own horn". Its just that sometimes you need to realize how lucky you have been in order to find the drive to keep pushing...and yes, this is one of those situations ;)

-We recorded and released our first single "Caribe Contigo"

 http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/caribe-contigo/id393905680?i=393905687&i...

 

-We did a kick-ass video of that same song which is now being broadcasted on MTV Tr3s

 

-We performed at the Prospect Park Bandshell in Brooklyn, NY

http://www.prospectpark.org/calendar/event/142210

 

-Performed at SOB's

 

-Interview on CNN

 

-I learned how to use Twitter....well, sort of LOL

twitter.com/gregoriouribe

 

-Opened for Bomba Estereo

http://eventful.com/cambridge_ma/events/bomba-estereo-gregorio-uribe-/E0-001-...

 

- And I cannot think of a better way to have finished this year than performing with and idol: the amzaing Carlos Vives himself!

http://www.terra.com.co/atencioncorazon/

 

So now that I bragged about how good the year was I have to say that there are many, many sleepless nights of confusion, insecurity and disappointment. But it is important to focus on the great things that happen to us...it is important to stay grate full and positive. I wish you all the best for 2011, I thank you for the amazing support this year and I look forward to sharing more music with all of you on this coming year! 

PS. I hope your new year's party looks as fun as this one!

 

 

Posted via email from Gregorio Uribe Big Band - BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment