Monday, March 21, 2011

Alex Alvear and Mango Blue - AMAZING NEW ALBUM!

Since I heard this album it became one of my favorites ever! I'm a friend and huge fan of Alex Alvear and his music. This Boston-based Ecuatorian bass player, singer and composer has a perfect blend a "tumbao" and hard latin groove with fresh and modern harmonies and arrangements...a true inspiration for me and something to aim for with my music. This band features amazing musicians at the top of their game, many of which I have the pleasure of knowing personally. And guess who's on timbales? The one and only, the drummer for the Gregorio Uribe Big Band, the master of groove: Karina Colis!!!

I highly recommend you buy this CD right now because its a rare jewel and you'll enjoy it weather you wanna dance to it or listen to it while you snap clave with your fingers. (Only $10)

http://alexalvearandmangoblue.bandcamp.com/album/mango

Posted via email from Gregorio Uribe Big Band - BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment