Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Skectches On a Napkin - Another New York anecdote

Tonight, as I was playing boleros at Cafe Español in the Village, I looked to the bar and there was a gentleman standing up staring at me while sketching something.  Twenty mintes later when I took a break and went to the bar, I saw what he had drawn with a black pen and red wine on a cloth napkin:

Dibujo_servilleta_-_by_wayne_ensrud
He was generous enough to give it to me and he told me great stories about the times when he painted The Count Basie Big Band, Duke Ellington, Tom Jobim and dozens more. This artist's name is Wayne Enrud (www.wayneensrud.com) and although he's been around for a while, he has the spirit of a teenager.

Thank you Wayne for such a unique presenrt. I will cherish it.

Posted via email from Gregorio Uribe Big Band - BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment